Reading: CrapCode Ep1: Flame War
Playing: Wanna play Blockland
So a few journals back I talked about how my parents were going to EVICT me from my studio in order to set up a sound recording studio for voice-overs they dont know jack shit about. Im gonna list off the bullshit they've done.
- Friend of theirs sold the idea of doing voice-overs for money, even though my parents arent educated AT ALL in the music/podcasting industry.
- Signed up for an online shady voice-over site that they really dont know shit about.
- Bought a $1K+ Studio-grade microphone without doing any prior research on microphones or investigating if getting involved in voice-overs is even worthwhile.
- Didnt consult a professional, ie: Me, recording specialist who knows that you can buy a 200 dollar microphone and use post-production methods in Fruity Loops, Ableton, Logic Pro, Reason, etc, to make a shitty microphone sound like a 1k dollar microphone.
- Bought a $250 26inch LED monitor RATHER than buy a NEW computer, that they needed in order to even use the microphone. They could have been using the microphone with a shitty monitor for months, but instead of doing that, they waited MONTHS just to get a computer. Waste of time.
- Didnt plan on where the recording studio's going to be put
- Want to move into MY studio so they can do their shitty voice-overs, which would obviously be bullshit cause my studio isnt that big to begin with, plus I dont want my stupid parents' voices in the middle of streams and/or when im gaming with friends.
- AND THE NEW THING: They fucking bought a GAMING COMPUTER to do voice recordings. Like honestly. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. When I saw this bullshit, I actually cried. Its like, really... you guys bought a gaming PC to do recordings. Of course my dad says he might play LOTR on it... but come one. LOTR isnt that CPU intensive and can be smoothly played on the OLD Windows Vista we have! Its a giant waste of money and a waste of potential. That Gaming PC could've gone to someone who actually needed it for high-end professional gaming, like for a fucking job....
My parents really dont know how to save money. My dad blows off his money, or well at the very least used to, on stupid shit. He bought a PS3 and Xbox in the same year and never ever touched them,,, we only use the PS3 these days for Blue-Ray movies, but lately our use of the PS3 has declined as I got a job and have no friends on PlayStation.
My mom on the other hand really just doesnt like to be straight forward with anyone. She likes to keep secrets and hide things. I wouldnt be surprised if what she hid included money. But discount social problems due to a life full of physical, emotional, and mental trauma, the worst part is the fact she was born in the Baby Boomer era, where society was rampant with racism, sexism, homophobia, economic recession, and drug and alcohol abuse. While yes, theyve come a long way since the 80's and the 90's and what not, the things that were the most rampant like racism, sexism, and homophobia are usually the hardest habits to break. In other words, my parents still dont understand transgenderism and the sexual preferences of other people.